Glass Scratch Repair Polishing Kit 125mm 22pce
This kit offers a range of polishing applications from deep scratches to light blemmishes having a consistent cut rate that easily removes defects such as scuffs, scratches and acid marks on shop fronts, table glass, windscreens, architectural glass and more to leave an extremely fine finish.
The kit includes:
1 x PSA 125mm Backing Pad with M14 threaded adaptor
1 x 125mm hook and loop Backing Pad M14
1 x Drill/Backing Pad adaptor M14
2 x A35 Disc
2 x A20 Disc
2 x A10 Disc
2 x A5 Disc
2 x Cerium Oxide Disc
4 x 125mm Rayon Felt Polishing Pads
1 x 250g Cerium Oxide powder
1 x 250ml Glass Polishing Compound
1 x 50ml Mixing Bottle
2 x 400 x 400mm Microfibre Cloths
1 x Dust Mask
Trizact abrasives are made using a process of microreplication, whereby tiny 3D pyramids of fine grade abrasive mineral are uniformly distributed over the surface of the backing. As the top of these pyramids wears away, fresh cutting mineral is continually exposed to ensure a fast, consistent cut rate that easily removes defects such as scuffs, scratches and acid marks on shop fronts, table glass, windscreens, architectural glass and more to leave an extremely fine finish.
An easy-to-use system that uses five grades going from a fine ground finish on glass to absolutely clear! It is perfect for scratch removal, edge finishing and a variety of other applications. No more messy slurries and contamination problems!
The potential for this material in your glass fabrication process is amazing! For a small investment, you can purchase equipment and supplies to remove scratches in flat and curved glass, and to create your own finished products, including “high polish” work.
3M™ Trizact™ will remove light or deep scratches, scuffs, wiper marks, and stains on a variety of glass surfaces. Makes an old windshield or table top look like new again!
3M™ Trizact™ should always be used wet, with plain water. Polish requires using each grade long enough to remove all scratches from the previous grade. If this is not done, small defects will remain in the finished product. When using “high polish clear” (cerium), work surface must be flushed with water between stages to remove loose abrasive.
Scratched Glass Repair Process
- Remove larger scratches and defects using 3M™ Trizact™ Film Disc 268XA (Grade A35) Use grade A35 as the first step in removing larger scratches and defects. A small amount of water triggers the cutting action. Controlled water flow helps reduce heat build-up to keep the glass cooler.
- Refine scratches, remove scuffs and acid marks using 3M™ Trizact™ Film Disc 268XA (Grades A20 & A10) Use the A20 and A10 discs to refine the scratches left by the A35 disc. Alternatively, start with the A20 disc to remove shallow scratches, scuffs and acid marks. Apply a small amount of water to start the grinding action. Control the water flow to avoid generating too much heat.
- Refine scratches, remove defective AR coatings using 3M™ Trizact™ Film Disc 268XA (Grade A5) Use the A5 disc to further refine any scratches left by the A10 disc. As in previous steps, apply a small amount of water to start the cutting action. Avoid extended dwell time to minimize heat build-up.
- Polish and leave glass crystal clear using 3M™ Trizact™ Film Disc 568XA Use this cerium oxide disc for a final polish. To begin, wet the surface slightly with a small amount of water. As you polish, the pyramids of mineral on the surface of the disc will break down to form a slurry-like solution. The polishing action that occurs will remove scratches left by previous levelling steps.
- Hook and loop backing pad, cerium oxide powder, glass polishing compound and pads are ideal for final finishing as well as removing minor scratches and scuffs from any glass surface.
- Mix some Cerium oxide powder into water to a form a thin paste like slurry eg. milk-like consistency, in a small spray bottle which can be used to apply to your polishing pad
- Clean the glass surface removing all dirt, grease and residue
- Apply the polishing compound mixture to the polishing pad or glass surface
- Make sure to mark the inside of the glass with the crayon to identify the area you are working on
- With the mounted pad in the drill begin working the area required.
- Move the pad up and down, left and right in even movements on the work area.
- Keep the surface cool and wet to prevent the glass getting too hot. (Very Important!!)
- Inspect the work area by wiping off the residue and keep working until the area is satisfactorily polished
- On completion wash and store your polishing pad to use again on your next project.
Shipping cost will depend on your location
Goods will be dispatched within 24hrs. You can expect your shipment in 2-6 days
We accept the following payment method:
Please contact us if you have any questions.
Service & Return Policy
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We’ll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).